I am starting a new series today that will run every Monday called Zweber Farm Table. We always get asked how we cook certain cuts of meat. Since, 85% of my meals contain meat from our farm ( I do buy some fish and turkey), I thought if I just share with you what I am making, it might give you some ideas.
Monday:Monday is always leftover night for us. We had some leftover leg of lamb. Remember if you are interested in buying a half or whole lamb contact the farm at 952-461-3428.
Tuesday: Tacos. We love tacos in our family. Zweber Farm ground beef is extra lean. There is no fat to drain after you brown the meat.
Wednesday: Chucky Style Beef Chili-This recipe is from my mom
- 2.5 boneless beef chuck-cut up (I have used beef stew meat and this week I am cutting up a round steak). Cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cans 14.5oz diced tomatoes
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Brown meat in oil. Pour off drippings.
- Add all other ingredients. Bring to boil, reduce to low.
- Cover and simmer 1.5 – 1.75 hours. Or put in slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
Thursday: Jen’s Simple Roast Chicken. Visit our recipes tab to see details.
Friday: We have a church function, so no cooking. Yeah!
Saturday: Beef and Barley Soup. Follow the link to this recipe that I found on All Recipes.com.
Sunday: Rosemary Lambs Chops- I am going to try this recipe from All Recipes.com (can you tell I like allrecipes.com?)
I hope this gives you a few ideas of how to incorporate Zweber Farm meats into your weekly menu.