Last week I got a little lazy and didn’t make what was on the menu, so there are a few repeats this week. Enjoy!
Monday: Crock-Pot Chicken
- One Zweber Farm Chicken, thawed
- 2 tbs Organic Valley butter
- herbs (i.e. rosemary, thyme, savory, etc)
- salt and pepper to taste
- carrots and celery cut up
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- Place carrots and celery in crock pot. Rub butter, herbs and salt and pepper under skin of chicken. Place a few herbs in the butt. Place chicken on top of veggies and pour sherry over top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Juices should run clear.
Tuesday: Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Follow the link to the recipe. Use left over chicken from Monday night.
Wednesday: Simple Stroganoff- Clover Cuisine, Dakota County 4-H Cookbook
- 1 lb Zweber Farm ground beef
- 1 med onion chopped (or 2 tsp onion powder)
- 1 can mushrooms and juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- cooked egg noodles or rice
- Brown hamburger and onion. Add mushrooms and juice, soup and bouillon cube.
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Add sour cream right before serving.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice
Thursday: Beef and Barley soup Repeat from last week
Friday: left overs
Saturday: We are starting to run out of meat in our freezer (besides ground beef and chicken). I cannot wait until the pork is ready in a few weeks. Since it is Halloween we are going to probably just do quick PB&J sandwiches before we go out.
Sunday: Jonnie’s 1st B-day Party: Ribs, hotdogs, veggies, salad.