This cold weather is going to keep a few of us stuck indoors this weekend. If you have small children like me, the days can get quite long. I have a project idea that involves playing with all the new snow, making a cool treat and learning a little about dairy farming. The best part is that you can stay warm!
Ice Cream in a Bag:
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup whole Organic Valley Milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbs salt
- 1 small, sandwich size ziplock bag
- 1 large ziplock bag
- snow or ice cubes
- Mix the sugar, milk and vanilla together in the small ziplock bag.
- Fill the large ziplock bag halfway full of snow or ice
- Add the salt to the large bag.
- Place the small bag inside the large bag and zip the large bag shut (press out extra air)
- Wrap the large bag in the towel
- Shake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the milk mixture hardens (if snow melts in that time add more)
- Remove the small bag from large bag (discard large bag)
Learn more about ice cream and dairy farming while you shake your bags: