Happy Earth Day! Today is Earth Day’s 40th anniversary. To celebrate on Zweber Farms, we are doing exactly what we do every other day of the year. You see we celebrate Earth Day every day on our farm. Thousands of farms like ours work hard each day to care for their families, care for their animals and most importantly care for their land.
Here are just a few of the ways we celebrate Earth Day:
- We keep our highly erodible land in permanent pasture and renovate with no-till seeder,
- We have invested in reinforced cattle lanes to eliminate erosion in heavy use areas where cows travel to pasture,
- We manages manure according to science AND 100+ yrs of experience to fertilize our fields and protect environment,
- At our farm we do not view manure as a waste product but as an asset and treat it accordingly,
- We have a 15 acre woods with wetlands that provide habitat for many wild animals,
- We rotationally graze our pastures which is friendly to ground nesting birds and other wildlife that rely on cover to hide,
- We use new harvest and storage technologies to reduce fuel used to procure winter feed on our farm.
These are just a few of the great ways we celebrate Earth Day everyday. Thank you for supporting family farms like ours. We will continue to protect the environment for future generations while we care for our animals and land.
Zweber Farms is a 4th generation family operated organic dairy. We also specialize in sustainably raised beef, pork and chicken and sell it directly to customers in Minnesota.Visit our website to learn more, http://www.zweberfarms.com