I know I have posted many chicken recipes lately, but cooking up a Zweber Farms chicken is really easy when you use the crock-pot. When days are nice and many things need to done outside, the crock-pot is my time saver.
Sage Crock-Pot Chicken
- Zweber farms Whole Chicken
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3-4 springs of fresh sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken in crock-pot. I will even put it in frozen. Pour wine over chicken. Tuck springs of sage under wings and in butt. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hrs. The chicken is done when internal temp is 175 degrees.
With the left overs you can make a yummy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.
- 2 cups leftover Sage Crock-Pot Chicken
- 8 oz fettuccine (or any type of noodle, I always use penne so that the boys can pick it up)
- 4 tablespoons Organic Valley butter
- 1 cup Organic Valley whipping cream or whole milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 can of diced tomatoes drained.
- Prepare pastas as directed on package.
- Melt butter in wide saucepan. Add 1/2 cup cream and boil until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium; add 1/2 of pasta. Mix gently
- Add 1/2 cheese and 1/4 cream. Mix gently
- Add remaining pasta and remaining cream. Mix gently
- Add chicken and heat through.
- To make it a one pot meal, I will add the diced tomatoes and top with extra cheese
Serve both meals with a crunchy side salad and a tall glass of Organic Valley milk.
Zweber Farms is a 4th generation family operated organic dairy. We also specialize in sustainably raised beef, pork and chicken and sell it directly to customers in Minnesota.Visit our website to learn more, http://www.zweberfarms.com