Labor Day weekend is the last chance for folks to enjoy those summer days before school starts (At least in Minnesota where it is illegal to start before the holiday). According to the US Department of Labor, Labor Day is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.
Zweber Farms wants to give recognition to all those folks who make our “labor” just a little bit easier:
- Our local vet: Dr. Bob and Organic Valley vets: Dr. Paul and Dr. Guy.
- Steve and the rest of the employees at the Londsdale Feed Mill
- Patrick our milk truck driver.
- Tom, Marty, Harvey and Russ our semen salesmen.
- The folks at Northfield Equipment, Larson’s Equipment, Lano Equipment and Tri-State Bobcat.
- The crew (especially Mike and Larry) at Lorentz Meats.
- Cheryl and her gang at Udder Tech.
- Gene our Farm Business Manager.
- All the staff at Organic Valley.
- The hard-working folks of Midwest Dairy Association and the National Dairy Council.
- The leaders and staff of all the farmer advocacy groups to which we belong.
- The staff of MN Dept of Ag: especially Meg, Mary and the USDA dairy inspection team.
- IBA and Midwest Dairy Supply, who keep our milking equipment stocked and ready.
- The staff of our local NRCS, FSA and Soil and Water Conservation district.
- The hard working Extension educators of Scott County.
- The folks at MOSA, who keep our certification in check.
- Danny, Brent and their crew who do all our custom harvesting.
- All of our family who help when they are around (especially Sarah, Steve, and Sam).
- A BIG thanks to our intern Annie, who is hopefully learning a lot!
- And a SUPER BIG thanks to our employee Jen, who has put up with us for the past few years. She loves our animals as if they were her own.
There are a lot of people who make our jobs on Zweber Farms much easier. Without them, we would not be the farm we are today. THANK YOU!
Zweber Farms is a 4th generation family operated organic dairy. We are proud Organic Valley farmers members and sell our milk under that label. We also specialize in sustainably raised beef, pork and chicken and sell it directly to customers in Minnesota.Visit our website to learn more, http://www.zweberfarms.com