It is harvest time again here on Zweber Farms. Today is the first day that we will start chopping corn silage. The whole corn silage harvest will take us about 4-7 days (depending on the weather). We mix this silage with hay all winter long to keep our cows health. I hope to get some video today and post more about this process tomorrow.
When times get busy (whether it is a harvest, after school sports, etc) I bring out my Crock-Pot. Here is a quick delicious recipe that will keep your family’s tummies full even when you are busy.
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken (Emily’s version)
- 1 Zweber Farm’s whole chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- 1 tbsp Organic Valley butter
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 jar salsa
- Tortillas/chips/taco sells
- Melt butter in large fry pan. Brown chicken pieces (about 3 minutes/side)
- Place chicken in slow cooker and top with taco seasoning and salsa.
- Cook on low for 6 hours (or until juices run clear)
- Using a fork, remove chicken from bones. Make into chicken nachos, tacos or burritos.
- Top with your favorite toppings: Organic Valley sour cream, Organic Valley cheeses, salsa, avocado and more!
- Tip: If your family is really busy, hand them each an individual bag of chips (like corn chips). Have each person add their chicken and toppings. Now you have a walking taco that can go anywhere. Also, great for a tailgate parties.
Zweber Farms is a 4th generation family operated organic dairy. We are proud Organic Valley farmer members and sell our milk under that label. We also specialize in sustainably raised beef, pork and chicken and sell it directly to customers in Minnesota.Visit our website to learn more, http://www.zweberfarms.com