On most nights you can find me craving a deep dish pizza. It probably stems back to my college days when pizza was a staple and a food group all its own. Even though we live fairly close to the Twin Cities, we only have one pizza delivery service (and frankly they cost too much for sub par pizza, in my opinion).
So what do I do to satisfy my pizza cravings? I make homemade deep dish pizza. This recipe can be made in about 30 minutes and if you prepare your toppings ahead of time all it takes is the baking time.
Easy Deep Dish Pizza:
- 1cup flour (all purpose or whole wheat)
- 1t salt
- 1/8t pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3cup Organic Valley milk (click link to find coupon)
- 1lb Zweber Farms ground beef or ground pork
- pizza toppings
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups Organic Valley grated cheese (click link to find coupon)
- 1/2t oregano
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, pepper, eggs and milk; beat until smooth and pour into a large pie plate or pizza pan. The mixture will be runny. Make sure batter covers the bottom of the pan.
- Brown the ground beef or pork, drain well and sprinkle over crust batter.
- Sprinkle on desired toppings. We went with mushrooms and green peppers this time, but the possibilities are endless.
- Pour on tomato sauce
- Sprinkle cheese and oregano over the pizza.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling and cheese has melted.
You could serve this with a Caesar salad, fruit salad, crunchy garlic bread and a of course a large glass of Organic Valley milk.
There you have it. Pizza craving solved and you didn’t have to tip a delivery guy!
Find more Hunk of Meat Monday recipes over at the Beyer Beware Blog.
Zweber Farms is a 4th generation family operated organic dairy. We are proud Organic Valley farmer members and sell our milk under that label. We also specialize in sustainably raised beef, pork and chicken and sell it directly to customers in Minnesota.Visit our website to learn more, www.zweberfarms.com. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.