Right before Christmas we received a large package from Organic Valley. In it were ten beautiful 2012 Organic Valley calendars. Much to our surprise, our family was chosen to adorn the April page and our cows are the background on each page. Organic Valley calendars are known for their beautiful pictures. We have even had friends who work for other dairy companies that say they wish their calendars were like OV’s.
This year Organic Valley is celebrating the International Year of Cooperatives. The United Nations has designated 2012 as the International Year of Cooperatives. United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon writes,
“Cooperatives are a reminder to the international community that it is possible to pursue both economic viability and social responsibility. “
That is exactly what Organic Valley set out to do 25 years ago. Back then, the cooperatives founders wanted to make organic farming both economically viable for its members while at the same time improving the community and world around them. Now with over 1600 plus farmers owners in the United States and Canada, I think OV is doing a great job on both accounts. It is the number one reason we chose to go with Organic Valley when we first went organic. A company owned by farmers and for farmers is important to us.
Would you like a free Organic Valley 2012 calendar, coupons and swag? The prize is a $30 value ($15 in coupons). Tell us how you work or play cooperatively or support cooperatives in your area . Do you carpool to work? Have a community garden? Support local farmers working in cooperatives? Teach cooperation to your children or students?
- Leave a comment on this page about how you work or play cooperatively or support cooperatives in your area. Comments should be no longer than 20 words in length.
- Comments need to be received by 11:59p.m. central standard time on January 2nd.
- Winners will be chosen on creativity and originality.
- Winners will be chosen by our family.
- Winners will be contacted by January 3rd, by emailing the account associated with the comment.
- Disclaimer: Yes, we are OV farmer owners, so we have an interest in Organic Valley and its brand. Please void where prohibited.