Here is a real simple BBQ pork chop recipe that you can either cook up in the crock-pot or in the oven. I included all the prices of the ingredients I used to show how eating organic can be affordable. This recipe is so simple, I put it together with a baby attached to my hip and two fighting preschoolers in the background. Go Go Gadget MOM!
- 6-bone in Zweber Farms pork chops (about $7.00)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (organic $.33)
- 1/4 vinegar (I used malt vinegar, but you can use any kind of white) ($.66)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey (organic $.37)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce ($.13)
- 1/2 cup ketchup (organic $.38)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (organic $.88)
- Dash of cayenne pepper (organic $.50)
Mix all ingredients together. To make in the crock pot pour sauce over pork chops and cook on low for 6-8 hours. To make in oven: oven to 350, place pork chops in a 11×15 sheet pan , pour sauce over chops and bake for 30-45 minutes.
I paired this meal with organic long grain white rice ($.50/serving), organic mixed veggies ($1.88/serving) and of course a glass of Organic Valley milk ($.50/serving). Total cost was: $4.50 per serving.
This meal was super simple, super yummy and super inexpensive. Now that is Affordable organics!